Tuesday, June 20, 2006
Attention all Art Cuisine guests!!!!
Friday, April 14, 2006
Fine Dining in South Africa
The exclusive Michelangelo hotel in Sandton, Has
brought high end tasting menu's to Johannesburg foodies with the launch of their chefs table whereby for a very affordable R475,
guests are treated to a luxurious, innovative and thoroughly
delicious ten course menu, including the best of South African wines to accompany each course. Guests are also exposed to the
immense excitement and banter of having a front row seat, in the
center of the kitchen, watching some of South Africa's best chef's
preparing culinary delights before their very own eyes.
- Amouse bouche: Seared Foie Gras on Brioche french Toast with a spicy banana chutney.
- Marinated Salmon encased in a crispy Springroll, with a soya glaze, wasabi froth and a citrus jelly
- A spicy oriental broth with a poached chicken and sprout tian.
- Pickled Kingklip on a corn and avocado salsa accompanied
by a cucumber salad and a balsamic reduction.
- Palate Cleanser: A lime and tequila Shooter.
- Honey glazed Duck breast resting on a rice pilaf, and
topped with a purree of spinach.
- Proscuitto wrapped monkfish on a cauliflower cream,
served with a spiced shrimp tortellini and a coriander oil.
- Grilled Lamb loin accompanied by an onion marmalade
tart and a roasted brinjal and tomato souffle.
- Orange and Rum Sorbet
- Blue cheese custard and a roast fruit compote, encased
in crispy Parmesan biscuits.
- Totally Nuts: Hazelnut and Pistachio mousse sandwich,
accompanied by an almond tuille and a white chocolate
The chefs table menu changes daily according to ingredient availability and is always unique and fresh. It is a truely delicious way to enjoy a special occassion. It seats a maximum of ten people and bookings are essential.
Alex Gaspar, Yul Smith, Quinton Bennet and Jaco Goosen.